Thursday, July 26, 2012

Doctorate of Widowhood

School for me always seemed to interfere with the pursuit of matters more fascinating.  I am and assume will always be a self-directed learner.  The past two years are evidence of this, often finding it difficult to refocus myself to the world of the living, absorbing all that grief would teach me.

This passion for self-directed learning has lead me through the dark hallways of grief, reading, talking and scribing words to depict my state of widowhood.

The subject is what I live and breathe.  I must admit that at times it does seem unnatural to learn as much as I can about it in the world of the living.  Who knew that two years ago today, I was beginning my doctorate of widowhood.

As said on my facebook status this morning ... If tears could build stairs and memories a lane, I would climb up to heaven and bring you home again.

I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment