Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Another joined the club ...

Yesterday my brother joined the club no one wants to join - widowhood.  As I watched the hours wash  away, all I could offer was the silence of my presence.  I sat and counted her breaths with him, offered him the cool cloth as I wiped her brow, all the while willing my dear brother to only breathe.

It was sad watching him moving forward with this journey and hoping that he could feel supported by one who knows.  As we who know say, we would not wish this pain on our worst enemy - try it on for size when it is with your own loveable brother.

I will not offer to him ...

·         she is no longer suffering
·         I am so sorry for your loss
·         time will heal
·         she is in a better place
·         she is no longer suffering
·         ....

 Knowing silence is all he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment