Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Facing tomorrow ...

Hoohaa ... how many places can one hide the paperwork she doesn't want to face?  Let me count the spaces!  In a 1600 sq.ft. home ... there are too many to count!

Here I was patting myself on the back Saturday evening thinking I was all that because I had faced 2.5 years of filing and survived!  I sit down tonight to face yet another one of those ostridge avoidances to realize that I was missing an important document.  No problem I think, I will check my new handy dandy accordion filing system!  What?  Not there?  Oh, yes ... I remember.  Go to my favourite "other" spot only to find another fistful of envelopes!  *groan* .... slit, slit, slit .... file, file, file ... ding and done.  Still I can't find the required document.  Pondering where can I have put that?  *light bulb moment* .... oh ya!  Off I go to be met with another fistful of envelopes!  REALLY?  slit, slit, slit ... file, file, file ... ding and done.  Still no document.  I am now faced to approach the dreaded box.  Yes folks, THE dreaded box!  The one I dumped all of Bill's chicken scratched stuff in!  My feet felt like lead and my heart sank for I knew that although I am in forward motion, THIS box is still not for me - yet.

I sat for a great deal of time in front of the box labeled - BILL when I am ready!  I even snuck a sip of wine while I fingered the box.  I finally lifted the lid to be met with all of his little notes of nothingness, cards he chose and wrote "I love you" in.  Another gulp of wine and I dove in.  Reaching to the bottom to find a file folder ... EURIKA!  I grabbed and brought it to the surface to find the required document.  I rushed to put the lid back on the box, but not quickly enough for I noticed his last note to me ... "Welcome to hockey my love!"  As I am about to embark on a new season of ball hockey, I guess it is appropriate and a sure message that he is still with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment