Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Undisturbed presence ...

As I sit here tonight, listening to the freezing rain pelting the windows, I am reminded that only two days ago, I was thrilled at the sighting of my first Robin this year.  There was such a rush, knowing that the long winter has finally come to an end and in this sighting its promise of a new season in my life.

I looked back at my blog this time last year and was moved by the journey since that time.  I wrote .. "I've been going through the existence of life.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Every morning has a sunrise, every lunchtime a "need" to eat and every evening another sunset that promises a night of unrest."  It was obvious from these words that I had not yet had my first glimpse of a Robin, and even more, the rush of a promise of a new season in my life.

I have racked up 10 hours of raking in the back yard so far and I am actually looking forward to as many hours to finish this job of clearing the canvas.  "Looking forward ..."  This is a far cry from last year.  Although, I am looking forward to prepping the canvas to my back yard to paint the beautiful scene I envisioned with Bill ... I continue to be with him in all that I do.  It is different now; I sense him with me.  With every load of my wheelbarrow, I feel his strength pouring through me.  I am no longer alone.

My home has grown quiet with the moving out of my son and my niece, but the void has been filled with Bill's undisturbed presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment