Monday, November 21, 2011

Breathe ...

Life in the fast lane is not all that it is cut out to be.  I have been quite busy with my career and community work which has left very little time for my journals, my reflections and my blog.  It is interesting to note that despite all of this, there is always time to grieve.  The difference is, I seldom have the time to anticipate when grief comes calling and when it does it takes me by surprise.  Did I mention I don't much care for surprises?

As was this morning; I was rendered to reminding myself to breathe for grief came to tap me on the shoulder.  I was ready ... had a great long soak in the tub, took extra care with the makeup and then went to the long mirror in the hall and liked what was looking back.  I skipped down the stairs feeling on top of the world and just as I took my last step I realized that Bill was not there. 

Oh heck ... I got angry with myself!  I know ... he will no longer be there ... but these are those moments, moments when you just wished.

I made my cup of coffee, put my shoes in a shoe bag and then stepped out into the cold frosty morning.  As I drove off, I reminded myself to breathe and said ... I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment