Saturday, September 29, 2012

Your love in my heart for eternity ...


I dedicate this post to a dear and loving friend.  She has just said goodbye to her dear mother today.  She is breathing gently today and my prayer is that she will continue to do so for a very long time.  I love you Sue and know that I will be there when you need to be quiet with your grief.

Breathe gently my tender heart!

Your love in my heart for eternity ...

Two wise eyes always gazed knowingly into my heart
And a perceptive smile seen a million times
Your loving face is always on my mind.

One last battle you could not fight
Yet my heart tells me you were the victor
For you knew exactly when to walk into the light.

Three grieving sisters, always by your side
Clasping your hand with all our might
The day was long, then the night then morn.

With your last breath came a mighty cry
My heart broke then danced with delight
For now I knew you were finally free.

You fought so hard to stay with us
All along we wanted you to be free
Now a photo I look to see your smile.

We have no choice but to set you free
The memories of you I will always keep
Your love in my heart is for eternity.

Dearest Mother,

Guide me as you have always, until God asks you to bring me home.
 
P.S.  I wrote this when my mother died this past April 2012.  I have been selfishly holding onto it until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment