Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Air Head!

Shared stories are a gift to the teller and to the one who hears!  Because life is over doesn't mean that that life does not continue to enrich and bless the living.

On that note ...

Bill's infinite kindness and patience with his wife!

On October 12, 1997, I was driving Bill to work (only one vehicle back then) and was talking a mile a minute filling Bill in on all the plans for the day.  It was an important day, and I was sure I was going to be late!  I was coordinating the preparations for a large Ministry meeting with dignitaries from across the north in attendance.  This was the day - three weeks in the planning!  There were binders to set out, luncheon plans to confirm for the fourth time - need to remind the caterers to be quiet while the meeting is in session, set up of the AV equipment - score one for me, I remembered to bring the extra extensions and tape, pens and pads - remembered to bring highlighter pens, fresh cold water on the tables, the presenter's notes were all up on PowerPoint - neat,  ... oh dang ....  I have to go back to the office!  I know I am forgetting something and I don't know what it is - I don't have my binder of reminder lists! 

Bill sat quietly listening to my ramblings and had that funny twitching moustache thing going on.  I noticed but did not pay attention to it - man, I should have known!  That twitching always meant he had something up his sleeve or I had put my foot in my mouth and he was going to let me have it!

I pull up to his office and slowed down my motor mouth!  I was going to be late because I had forgotten my binder of reminder lists!  Groan!  So I lean quickly to kiss him and wish him a great day.   His eyes were twinkling ... he slowly kissed me, opened the door and stepped out of the van and just before closing the door he said ... "By the way sweetie ... happy anniversary!"

*Groan*

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful remembrance. I was sure he was going to say that he had your reminder binder:-) Isn't it something how those little vignettes describe what at the time may have seemed like missed opportunities, but, seen in the proper light, they are warm and loving moments to cherish? Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete