Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Twist on the Scarlet "W" ...

Who is that woman looking back?  Do you think that while I wait for my coffee at Timmies people can actually tell that I am a widow?  Is that why there are days I feel so naked when I forget to slip on my wedding rings?  Never was a problem when Bill was alive.  We used to joke about the fact that his ring no longer came off and I was parading around without any rings!  Now, I find myself wearing my rings more often than not and I also wear his ring around my thumb.

Intrigued, I have started watching other women and men, wondering if they are married.  There is something about married people that is lighter, as if because they are sharing the load of life with another makes them less intense.  I love watching my sisters, brothers and my friends.  I love the way they can plan and share in their planning most times, but there are times when it is more than I can control and I let out a long sigh and think, "poor widow me".

Which brings me to another blog ... a couple's world!  Another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment