Friday, April 1, 2011

Get out of my head ...

They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it.  Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. ~ William Penn

Interesting.  I think of the times (and they were few) when Bill and I were not "together".  He, being away on a business trip or training and I, much the same or more recently spending a long time away to be with my niece for the birth of her first lovely child.  We were not "in touch" physically but were together even though we were miles apart.  Of course you will argue that we had our phones, we were texting but our relationship had developed past technology. 

Bill and I would often comment and laugh about the fact that we were in each other's head!  "Get out of my head" he would say, after I would suddenly show up with a Timmies and he had just been thinking he would love one.  Or I would say the same, as he would come up with an answer to a question I had not yet asked him.  No wonder I now feel so 'dual personality'!  I now have to answer my own questions.  I'm okay, it is after all my own voice answering the questions.

This kind of communication can only be born of a deep love.  A love that is "beyond the world".  A love that is not dependent on a particular place or time nor of a set of circumstances.  There is comfort in knowing that although we are separated by life and death, we are still together in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment