Wednesday, April 20, 2011

From my journal of blessings ...

In my attempt to clean out my room - again - I came across this note I had written to Bill in March of 2010.  It is now in my blessing journal. 

Every morning it is a blessing to wake up and see you  lying next to me.  I often write little notes and whisper in your ear hoping I can remind you just how much I love and cherish you.  The blessing is that I have someone so worth loving.

Every evening it is a blessing to sit next to you and accept your invitation to lay my head on your chest and feel your arms wrapped around me.  I love the sound of your heartbeat and how it makes me feel safe.

Every night it is a blessing to lay next to you my loving husband and take a mental inventory of the day knowing that I have loved you more today than I did yesterday and it is a blessing knowing that I get to love you even more tomorrow!

I have been blessed with having loved him for 26 years.

PS ~ Needless to say, my room remains messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment