Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving ...

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers.  I just finished prepping and stuffing my turkey.  Our first turkey since Bill's death.  Last year, I thought I would start a new tradition with the ordering of Chinese food but turkey talk started two weeks ago and I could not ignore it.  So I set out a couple of days ago to find a turkey and all the fixings.  We were supposed to sit with the meal yesterday but my baby was sick so we postponed it to today.  I was a little relieved because cleaning the turkey was always Bill's job, a task he took seriously and with a great deal of happiness - he so loved his turkey!  I on the other hand, would rather order Chinese food.  Turkey has never been my favourite thing, especially the cleaning of the stupid bird.  So here I am at the sink this morning, mimicking Bill's moves as I remembered them and got the job done.  Yulk - I'm still sore from all the retching.  The rest of the meal will be okay.

So I will sit with my little family tonight and will invite them all to share what they are thankful for.

As for me, I wish Bill was still here to ...

·        clean the stupid bird.
·        enjoy eating the stupid bird.
·        enjoy the happy chatter at the dinner table.
·        complain about just how much he ate.
·        fall asleep in his chair after eating the stupid bird.
·        eat all the leftover turkey!

I am thankful for ...

·        my little family conceived and nurtured by our love.
·        my beautiful home we built together.
·        an interesting career, supported by his belief in me.
·        having a love that knows no boundaries even today.

There is much more to be thankful for - thank you for being faithful readers and for your wonderful warm comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment