Friday, August 12, 2011

Cleaning therapy ...

You are cordially invited to dine at Chez Walton tonight ... a text left my cell phone yesterday afternoon requesting an r.s.v.p. from my two sons and my niece who has spent the last year living in this crazy household.  I was being creative in soliciting their response on whether or not they would be making it home for a meal.  It seemed to work for we all sat at the table and enjoyed a late meal topped off with coffee and cake.

The three left to take a shower at a friend's apartment; bathroom reno still not complete, but almost there!  As I worked my magic in the kitchen with Marc AndrĂ© Fortin serenading me from the surround sound in the living room, I thought how nice it was to be "really" together.  It felt good to put some order back into the kitchen, back into my life.  There was some therapeutic value to pushing the vacuum and the Wet Jet over the floor.  Will we ever get back to a routine?  Will I ever get back to a routine?

The three returned to find the kitchen and entrance looking and smelling good.  Happy chatter!  My niece was pleased and thanked me for looking after the dishes; her eyes were sparkling.  I suspect that my sons were just as pleased that they did not have to face a mountain of dishes at the end of the day.  My niece is pretty good at getting them involved when there is cleaning to be done.

As I laid me down to sleep, I prayed the Lord to keep me on this path.  I thanked Him for my beautiful sons and my wonderful niece.  My house is only sometimes silent.  For this I am truly thankful.  I could not imagine this last year without their presence.  I also prayed for my fellow widow/ers whose home is silent.

Today I tackle my abandoned bedroom, putting order to my messy bed.  There is a possibility that I may have access to my bathtub tonight and what a treat it would be to soak in my new tub and slip in between clean sheets.

There is much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. "Routine" and "order back in my life"; a house that is only silent some of the time. These are all so hopeful

    ReplyDelete