Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Crossroads ...

Journal of Hope entry:  August 20th, 2011

Grieving is exhausting.  Unlike the first few months, when I seemed to be "wired", these past few weeks, my body and soul seem to shut down at the most inopportune times.  I will be still in the moment with an open heart so that I can recall in gratitude your legacy.  There always seem to be brighter moments waiting after these exhausting times.

---------------------- (end)

Just when I believe I am rising from the bottom of my broken heart, "bottom" is redefined.  I linger there for a bit, thinking that I must be suffering from grief burn-out for I ache not only emotionally, but also physically.  These are the times when I return to basics, breathe, swallow and blink.  I am still with myself; from this vantage point I can relinquish and stop trying to control my sorrow.  These downtimes are my crossroads that bring about choices.  Choices that would have me "letting go" a little more of my grief so that I can be more effective at looking after the other parts of my life.  Conscious and deliberate choices that have me "letting go" of Bill in grief.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful expression of true emotion--and I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete