Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Memories ...

What a beautiful gift I received this Christmas Eve morning ... the sharing of a memory.  Bill's sister forwarded this to me in eMail.

A Christmas Memory!

"Growing up, I remember the times that Bill and our brother would run downstairs first to see if Santa had come through the night.  I don't think Bill slept much Christmas Eve.  My sister and I would talk to the walls and ask the boys if they thought Santa had filled our stockings.  Our brothers would walk slowly down the stairs and disappear around the corner.  We would wait with anticipation, waiting and waiting.  Those little buggers would make us wait until they had their own peeks at their stockings then we would whisper down, asking if we could finally come down.

We had wonderful Christmas memories.  Bill loved Christmas.  He got such a kick out of it.  Mom and Dad always did well to instil that in us all.  I can't help but think of so many memories this time of year."

Thank you dear sister for this wonderful gift.  Bill lives on in our memories and in our hearts.  He is missed and lives through so many of us!

Good Christmas Eve everyone.  Remember to breathe gently through each moment.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful memory, Ginette. Try to remember, that day in December. . .

    ReplyDelete