Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jingle bells ... all is well ...

We have always held to one book, one piece of clothing and one special toy for each child.  As I go down the list of things to get, I am reminded of my new reality. Bill so loved filling the stocking!  The rest came easy, simply listening all year round ... but the stocking was always so very special. 

I was not raised with filling a stocking and I am wondering if it is time to come full circle and leave the stocking stuffing behind.  I have such a difficult time with this ... Bill loved to spend so much time over the stockings ... we took as long to stuff those socks than we did buying gifts!  Magazine ... check ... candy ... check ... socks ... check ... underwear ... check ... toothbrush and special toothpaste ... check ... one special toy or thing ... check ...

As I drove home today with my treasures, I just happen to think that this is "forever" ... I wondered why God was in such a hurry to come get this beautiful man ... this wonderful human being; why I feel that my stocking will be empty this year, in so many ways!

1 comment:

  1. This is forever; Bill is with you always. Who said the second year was easier?

    ReplyDelete