Saturday, February 11, 2012

Swells of grief ...

As I navigate through my second year of grief, I have come to realize that the swells of grief are much higher, more powerful and the current drags me deeper into myself when it curls around my mind and heart.  In the stillness of the moment, that moment when grief blocks out all sounds, all presence and all pain, there is clarity of thought.  This is for but a moment before the pain returns two-fold and all I want is to fight my way out.  I have learned to relax and trust that the wave will eventually bring me back to the surface for that first sweet breath.

One gentle breath after another, I am left with a deeper appreciation of my transforming relationship with Bill, a deeper understanding of myself.

The sun shines today, with only a gentle wind!

1 comment:

  1. You captured the essence of living with what threatens to destroy us. The waves carry us down and back up, a perfect metaphor. The sun does indeed shine. . .

    ReplyDelete