Thursday, February 9, 2012

Treasure the moments ...

There is something to say when you are left to be the only parent.  I remember my early days with grief and how I simply NEEDED to have my boys nearby ... within eye sight!  It was so very difficult to even believe it could be possible that I could lose them too!  I was living through the worst ... and realized that this could also be!

As time goes by, I continue to worry ... a little more since I have been widowed ... but that is easing ever so slightly. 

As I texted my baby this morning, I longed to see his beautiful eyes ... as I was hugged by my middle son this morning, I longed to spend more time with him ... as I remembered recent conversations with my oldest son, I am reminded that nothing is forever!

But for now ... I lose myself in the laughter my youngest son offers ... the warmth I feel when my middle son hugs me ... and the strength I feel when my oldest debates life with me ... for this is all I have ... the moment!  Otherwise, the fear of losing any of them is too great to conceive!

No comments:

Post a Comment