Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day ... Take Two!

Well, I won't be making the mistake of watching some love story today.  Been there done that last year!

I chuckled this morning, when I received an eMail from my friend John who knows only too well, what today represents for those who grieve the loss of their spouse.  He wrote ... "Thinking about you; hoping you are OK.  Valentine's Day sucks!"    My mind conjured up the visual of a greeting card for the widowed!

Yup, I just had to do it!  I Googled images and voila!

I guess I am not alone ... there it was!  There is some comfort in knowing this ...







I took the day off work today, refusing to expose myself to all the flowers and chocolates coming in from boyfriends and husbands.  I left early this morning with my trusted camera to chase the sunrise ... no luck, too much cloud coverage. 

I made my way home and still refusing to flop down in front of a sappy love story, I decided to write today's blog.  Words were not there and so I began to write Chapter Two of Our Story.  *Groan* ... caught in my own trap.  I did not have to watch on the screen someone else's love story, I relived my own through my words.

So to all of you who grieve ... remember that you are not alone and it is okay to say, "Valentine's Day Sucks!" 

Breathe gently my tender hearts.

1 comment: