Saturday, June 18, 2011

What I would say to my father ...

My children no longer have their father and I often wonder what they would say if Bill could be here today.

I no longer have my father and if he were here with me today this is what I would have to say.

When you were not looking I was watching,
I got everything you had to offer
by example you taught me what to say.

When you were not looking I was watching,
and though we are now physically apart
your life's lessons are written on my heart.

When you were not looking I was watching,
knowing I would grow up with your values
a strong foundation, to always be true.

I trust that you are now watching,
through example, a strong foundation I lay
for without you, I would not be who I am today.

In my mind, I sit with you Papa, in a glorious green garden as it was that morning you came to me in a dream.  There is so much I want to say but I trust that you already know what is in my heart.

Thank you for your teachings, thank you for your love and thank you for holding my hand all those years.  Because of your fatherly devotion and our faith in God's promise, I know we will one day sit together again.

Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely posting, Ginette. I especially like this part: ". . .our faith in God's promise, I know we will one day sit together again."

    ReplyDelete