Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God's Knot ...

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.  ~ Ecclesiastes 4:12

This bible verse was not only stated on our wedding day, but indeed was the basis of our life together.  For in life, we knew that together we could face anything supported by God's love and guidance.

I was reminded of this feeling of completeness this morning.  Nearing the end of my walk, I stood at the top of the hill looking down at the lake.  I intentionally and deliberately took in the beauty of a group of birds performing a ballet over the quiet water and the ducks gently disturbing this stillness as they glided along the shore. I so longed for Bill's presence in the here and now.  But my heart knows that this is but a temporary separation and I will one day be reunited with not only Bill but with all those who have gone before me.

I also trust that this pain will one day be mixed in with happy memories of Bill and I will always keep this hope of reunion in my heart.

As I stood at the top of the hill, I knew that the strands of my grief and memory and hope were braided together.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that special moment, Ginette. Coincidentally, I've been working on a poem about the knot of love that Gwen and I tied on our wedding day and how even now it keeps us bound together.

    ReplyDelete