Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Where's the book?

There are days when it still hurts so much, and other days not so much.  One thing is for sure, the melancholy is always there.  Some days, I wonder why I feel so bad then other days I remember vividly why.  Must be the anniversary thing and all I can do is sit and be still and feel.  I sense my grief is deepening and I wonder am I never going to feel better?

A year later, I sit still with the truth that I love Bill and he loves me.  To heal means to accept his death and to stop being a prisoner of my anger and denial, to accept that which I cannot change.  The challenge now is to find the way.  I'm not so sure that time is all that is needed to heal this wound but also the choices I make.  Dang, where's the recipe book, the instruction manual?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you writing again, Ginette. If you find that book, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete