Saturday, July 2, 2011

In the moment ...

The present moment is significant, not as the bridge between past and future, but by reason of its contents, contents which can fill our emptiness and become ours, if we are capable of receiving them.
~ Dag Hammarskjold
Journal Entry:

This past week has been difficult with memories of the past constantly flooding my mind.  Memories of happier, and carefree times.  When I was not busy remembering, I was thinking of tomorrow, or the next day; thinking of an empty future, more days without Bill, more times of missing him.  Looking at the calendar, I am reminded that it is coming up on the one year anniversary. 

My best days have been those days when I stayed in the moment.  I have been trying to live a logical and responsible life, but I must acknowledge that I can't tell my heart what to feel.  But in the moment, this a new day - a day which is different from any other day I have had or will have.  In this moment I can breathe.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully expressed, Ginette. It is so difficult to stay in the present.

    ReplyDelete