Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The One Year Anniversary of His Death ...

One small year ago, our family was changed.  We are doing okay and although Bill is no longer with us physically, he is still very much with us.  I see it everywhere now.

I am sharing his eulogy today, for the words are as true today as they were when I wrote the letter and when I wrote his tribute.  Who would have known that he would transform from Earth Angel to Heavenly Angel.
________________________________________________

Bill Walton Eulogy - July 30, 2011 - written and delivered by me ...

"While cleaning up my room this week, I came across this letter I wrote to Bill this past Christmas.  He kept it close by on the computer stand.  He often chuckled when I would leave him little love notes but I suspect that he cherished each one because I am still finding old notes.

I read through the letter and thought that I would share for it speaks of who Bill is.

Dear Bill,

Did you know that I tasted Heaven?  It’s true.  I tasted Heaven the day I met you.  And when we married, you sent me flying, dancing on the clouds while the stars cast down loving light to shine upon us.

You’re a good person inside and out.  You have all the kindness, patience and insight of an angel bathed in Heavenly light.

Since day one, we’ve shared something incredible, something that most people only dream of.  I had been searching for you all of my life.  You have made me the happiest I have ever been.  You are a sincere, caring, loving man, and I wouldn’t trade you for the world.  I am so thankful and blessed that you love me as much as I love you, and that you asked me to be your wife.

We have been married for twenty-four years, and I have cherished every moment since the day we met.  I love you more and more every day.  Thinking about growing old with you fills me with anticipation and excitement.  We make the perfect husband and wife team.  We have had an amazing life together raising a family – and still raising;  don’t think that part ever ends!  Sorry my friend.
I just wanted to thank you.  You know I don’t think you realize how much you inspire me.  Though truthfully, I’ve always known from the very first time I met you, that you are a strong person.  You are so full of wisdom about life that when you speak it really makes me think that I could stay there forever just to listen to your open mind, for it is peaceful and inviting.  Thank you for making me feel safe.

Bill, you have become my awakening, you have helped me see things in a brighter way.  In a happier, enlightening way; for I was once drowning in fear, cynical about love, about hope and security.  I used to think that no one understood me and could ever want me.

Our life together is amazing, and together it will only get better and better.   I will forever be grateful that you came into my life.  Together we’re perfect, and I will enjoy spending the rest of my life with you.  I love you more than words can say.

That’s what you are to me – my very own angel and I’ll always own a tiny bit of Heaven as long as you are with me.

Merry Christmas Love! ~ Ginette

I still remember one conversation I had with him recently.  We were talking about our three boys.  About how we wanted to see all of them grow up.  He had lots of dreams for them.  Bill was a proud father.  He was the type of father who would flaunt his children to our friends and our friends loved our children too of course.  Bill dreamt big for them.  He wanted our children to grow up wise, respectful and successful people.  How lucky are we?  I know Bill will flaunt about our children with everyone in Heaven.  In fact, I am sure of that.

Bill is in Heaven now.  He is with his father and other friends.  I am sure he is happy there because in Heaven there is peace.

Bill, I know we will see each other again.  I will once again feel your warm embrace and our souls will unite for eternity, together in Heaven.  In the meantime, please do guide us as we live our life here on earth.  Do watch over Benjamin, Casey and Seth and do protect them from harm. 

Bill, you will always be remembered and you will always live in our hearts for as long as we live.

I love you so much."  (end)
______________________________________________

Hope Journal Entry:  July 27, 2011

Dear Bill,

We love you more today than yesterday and less than tomorrow!  

I will raise my Martini glass tonight, in recognition of all that we had, in all that we have and in all that we will have for you are always with us.



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Ginette, your Christmas letter brought me to tears. I am so happy that you are finding ways to remain positive today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rapidly approaching the one year anniversary of my husbands death and find I can hardly breathe, I've noticed more migranes and panic attacks. I think they are panic attacks I've never had one but I'm pretty sure this is what they would be. I was so strong when he died, from the outside I admired my strength. I never cried in front of people in fact I had held them in their grief. I thought I'd understood he was in a better place. I'm not sure why this is happening now.

    ReplyDelete