Sunday, July 3, 2011

Morning breeze ...

Walking, no running,
  trying to leave my empty heart behind. 

Running hard and fast,
  letting the morning breeze give reason for my tears.

Breathless I can only whisper, my darling Bill,
  I said I would go on, be here for me.

My iPod runs through a playlist,
  distracting my thoughts when the sun finally reaches me
    with a song and a reminder of His promise,
      that He will carry me when I can no longer go on.

In the moment, I don't feel so alone, I can breathe.

My step slows
  my heart heals a little,
    I feel God put me down walking next to me
      all the while holding my hand.

My steps feel lighter,
  the sun brighter
    and my tears gone.

Sometimes my heart leads me to places
  I never thought I would ever want to go.

I trust in God's promise to carry me.  

I trust in God's love
  for I felt but a grain of it
    when I felt Bill's love.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, absolutely lovely, Ginette. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete