Thursday, March 3, 2011

In the moment ...

Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control:  now! ~ Denis Waitley

Right now, in this moment, I am kind to myself.  It is a beautiful night, the house is finally quiet and I am in my room enjoying the moment.  It is neither harsh, nor is it happy, it is simply gentle. 

My mind wants to wander to the future without Bill but I am being kind to myself by guiding it back to the moment.  I hear my breath and I can remember with a smile, the days of when sleep was interrupted by the loud crackling snores!  Again, I guide myself back to this moment where there is peace! Breathe!

This quote has long inspired me and although it continues to ground me, there are parts that I cannot allow myself to do - not at this time.  I have learned from my past that love can be given and received unconditionally and this is a safe and healthy place; one day, I will have an open heart to give to and receive from my Earth Angels.  When my mind wonders to the future there is only one question, "How will I ever live all those years without Bill?" This is certainly not what I need.  This leaves me with the "moment" where right now it is kind, it is gentle.  These moments are coming more frequently and in this I take comfort that my heart is starting to heal. 

PS - Update on a previous blog "Messy Bed" ... "Neat and Tidy".

No comments:

Post a Comment