Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Neverending Story ...

What will I tell our grandchildren when they ask if I loved you?

I will tell them that I have loved you with all that is me and to the best of all that is me.


 
What will I tell our grandchildren when they ask if you loved me?

I will tell them that you loved me with all that was you and to the best of all that you were.

I will tell them to look over and appreciate how their father loves their mother, for all three sons carry a part of you.

What will I tell our grandchildren when they ask if it was worth loving so hard only to lose?

Yes, yes and yes!  Indeed, accepting to love and to be loved so deeply is accepting the potential for pain, the pain of betrayal, indifference and the ultimate, loss.  It is worth it, for the other side of this is happiness, caring and a life made richer for having loved and been loved so deeply!

What will I tell our grandchildren when they ask about love?

I will tell them that you were love and continue to share this love through our lives made richer for being with us. 

Love never ends.  Never!

"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never ends." ~ I Corinthians 13:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment