Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Another season ...

I made the comment the other day to a friend who was pointing out a flock of geese heading south, that I am truly not ready this year for Fall.  Me, the great lover of crisp cool air, splendid colour of turning leaves and warm sunny days made warmer by the lack of summer haze, not ready for Fall?

Fall came and went last year without much fanfare.  After all, I was still in a fog and barely noticed anything let alone the day I needed a jacket and socks.  This year is different somehow.  I am not sure whether it is because we had such a beautiful summer or whether this is the effects of the "second year".  Another season, another anniversary, another Christmas ...

I return to work today, after an extended leave.  I have changed.  I am stronger in many ways and yet still very much a grieving widow.  My world and all who are part of it have changed.  I pray that we can all learn to accept that this is true and appreciate the discovery.  Another season of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment