Friday, September 9, 2011

Poor Sadie ...

Adopt a dog?  I have a beautiful 8 year old black cocker mix who needs a loving home with routine.  Poor Sadie, she is grieving too!  She still sits upstairs looking out the window at the end of the day, waiting for Bill to come home ... for anyone to come home.

I Googled it and there is not much out there.  The house is often quiet disturbed only by the occasional car or truck and with our busy schedules, she can go a full day without seeing anyone.  With my middle son often not coming home until late, and my niece who simply tolerates her she is left with me.  Me!  Me who celebrates remembering to brush my teeth!  Poor Sadie.

I need to write this ad and wonder what that will be like if someone does jump at the opportunity to adopt this loving pet.  I only come up with, the house as well as my conscious will be quieter.  Although Sadie was mine  for the first two years of her life, she became Bill's best friend.  She gravitated towards my middle son after Bill died and he is often not here anymore.  The common theme that came through on my Google search is that a dog will either die shortly after its master or will be restored through a good routine.  Poor Sadie, she neither died nor is there any hope for a good routine.

This is definitely a rambling post ... it reflects my emotions as it pertains to our dog.  Sometimes, love means letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment