Thursday, September 15, 2011

The mind sees only what it sees ...

The sun is not shinning this evening ... actually, the sky is quite menacing.  Thick dreary, black billowy clouds covered my path home from work.  I looked up and laughed!  I laughed because these clouds actually look like they want to deliverer snow.  Yup ... snow.  Only a few short hours before, I sat with my sister on my break and thought how nice it was, cool but the sun was warm.  Now look at it!  I smiled at the fact that the bleakness did not menace my mood, did not penetrate my heart.  I chuckled as I held a conversation with Bill.  "Look!" I said, motioning with my free hand.  "It's September and already we are threatened with snow."  More giggles that turned into laughter; then I looked over to the other vehicle next to me as we sat at the red light and the driver looked over with a great big grin.  It's contagious ... "Oh well," I said, "at least I've stopped scaring people!"  At least I think I'm no longer scaring people ... I bet I will be the topic of conversation at someone's dinner table tonight and quite possibly offering another a chuckle or two.


Tell me, would you be frightened by some lady laughing away in her car when there is obviously no one in the other seat?  The mind sees only what it sees, but in my heart I know, Bill was definitely along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment