Monday, September 19, 2011

Love means ...

The weekend was good but tough.  Sadie has found a new home.  The adoptive family came by on Saturday afternoon and the rest is as they say ... history. 

The house is strangely quiet and we are all mourning our loss and celebrating her good fortune.  She is with a great young family, a paradise of sorts for her.  The little girls were adorable when they came to take her home; Mom and Dad really understood our tears.

It has been difficult to sort through the emotions.  At the risk of having all pet lovers scold me, I once thought, "It's a dog!  Get over it!" Hmmm ...  I now understand so please go easy on me!

To quote myself ... and so many others, "Sometimes love means letting go."

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean, Ginette. About a year and a half ago, under different circumstances, i had to bring our dog,Max, to the vets to be euthanized. It was so painful, and yet, I was so happy to be there with him through it all. It's so hard to let go.

    ReplyDelete