Saturday, February 19, 2011

A person lives on ...

What will I tell our grandchildren?

I will tell them the story of a beautiful man who loved his family.  It started with his long wait for his one and only true love; then there was the birth of his first son, second son and then the excitement of waiting and finally greeting his youngest son.

What will I tell our grandchildren?

I will tell them that their grandfather's love knew no boundaries.  He felt loved by and he loved his younger sisters and lived to see the day when he and his older brother got to share stories only brothers who are now fathers can.

What will I tell our grandchildren?

I will tell the stories where laughter was our language of love, of comfort and of friendship.

What will I tell our grandchildren?

I will tell them that in their eyes, I see the kindness he passed on to their father, that in their laughter I hear his passion to laugh and that in their little person I see the trusting love their grandfather offered to those who loved him.

What will I tell our grandchildren?

I will tell them all of the stories my aging mind can recall, for a life only ends when the last person no longer speaks his name, no longer shares his story.

What will you tell his grandchildren?  

No comments:

Post a Comment