Wednesday, May 18, 2011

With grace and integrity ...

Dear Bill,

I wonder, if you were here tonight, what would be talking about?  Before we talked mostly about the workday, the boys and maybe tonight, we would have made a plan to finally clean the gardens this weekend.  We would have most likely commented on the fact that the price of gas has gone down a couple of pennies - just before the long weekend and that would have had you climbing up on  your soapbox.  As I write this, the whisper of a smile crosses my lips.  It feels good.

So let me tell you a story.  One I am sure would have you smiling.  Today was a good day.  It started out shaky but I was confident in the way I was going to conduct myself, with grace and integrity.  After all, this is the only thing in my control - how I react to things.  Needless to say, I spent the better part of last evening infusing what I thought you would be saying to me, into what I was feeling.  Pure balance.  Clarity came to me in the bathtub this morning.  I was able to put together an armoury of key catch phrases.  By the time I had slipped into my power suit and strapped on my high heels with not a hair out of place, I was ready.  I even contemplated putting on a little makeup, but thought, that might be a little obvious! I know that you would have been proud of me as I navigated through a sea of confusing statements and found the source of the storm and challenged it full front.  Actually Bill, thank you for being there with me this morning.

I have grown so much in the last few months.  I took off my rose-coloured glasses this morning and I saw past what my eye can see!  This is good.

Smile my love.  I am.
Your loving wife!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing this, Ginette.

    I had to smile at this: "slipped into my power suit and strapped on my high heels with not a hair out of place." I would not have wanted to cross sword with you!

    We paid and continue to pay such a price for our growth, don't we?

    ReplyDelete